I'm from from the United States, Rich is from the United Kingdom. We'll be united in holy matrimony.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Lovebirds Project

This is just an update on our wedding progress...


So instead of getting married in August of '11, we've decided to get married in June of '12. (Which makes me kinda happy, because I can now sing this song and mean it from the bottom of my heart:


Yesssssssss.

Anyway. This is our plan: I'm going over there on the 24th of May, and staying about six months. I'll come back to the states for about 2 months (November-January-ish.) When I get back, I'll apply for a fiance visa, which takes up to about 8 weeks. Then we'll have 6 months to get married after I go back to the UK, so June it is! Still no set date, but we're pretty certain about this now. 

Rich and I are going to be trying to raise money for my visa and our wedding by selling handmade goodies  on etsy! We're having a LOT of fun brainstorming. I knitted a scarf yesterday! It's really pretty, if I do say so myself. I know I've asked a lot of you for ideas already, and I've gotten a lot of good feedback already! 

It'll be really nice for me to have something to do, too, while I'm in England and can't work.

In other news, I ordered a GREAT dress from J.Crew--$80 wedding dress? Heck yeah! I just hope it fits. 

Rich and I want a bird themed wedding. We've been scouring the internets for birdy things.

Well. More later.

Time for bed. Every night I think to myself...it's been _____ number of days since I've seen Rich, and it'll be _____ number of days until I'll see him. Today those numbers are 103 and 32. Gosh, those numbers are looking so good right now. One more month! 

Goodnight,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment